Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding summer making a difference in the lives of children? Join our staff for a summer that may change your life!
Talisman Programs has been around for 38 years, working with children with autism and ADHD campers ages 6–22 have the best camp experience possible. Our ownership team has been involved with camps for decades now. Many of our staff return year after year because there is no experience quite like the Talisman experience.
To provide a structured, nurturing environment within an exciting adventure program, in which our campers can have a successful summer. Our goals are to help them increase social skills, a sense of personal responsibility and a more positive self image.
What We Can Offer You
- A competitive salary
- Ten weeks’ employment, including paid training
- Weekly time off
- FREE certifications (CPRPRO, Wilderness First Aid, Lifeguarding)
- Intensive hands-on training
- Opportunities to earn college credit
- Career networking with other regional programs
Responsibilities of Staff
- Supervision of campers 24/7
- Role-modeling and teaching personal skills
- Facilitation of group discussions and problem-solving sessions
- Lead and participate in activities and chores
- Clean legal and driving record; no illegal substance use
- Commitment to providing our campers with the best experience possible
We provide five days of unpaid training in which staff earn valuable certifications that they can take with them in future jobs. We provide 10 (paid) days of intensive soft and hard skills training, including camping, bus driving, understanding of our campers’ diagnoses and needs, behavior and crisis management, group facilitation and more.
- SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR – work directly with our campers, three staff with eight kids, through all camp activities and with 24-hour care. Every day is different, but all of them are fun!
- NURSE – Our nurse lives on-campus and is available 24/7 (except days off) to care for the sick and injured and oversee medication administration.
- KITCHEN STAFF – Help feed our hungry crew with delicious, homemade camp food!
We are now hiring enthusiastic, compassionate, committed staff for the upcoming summer. Please fill out an online application, and we will contact you for a phone interview. Or call us if you would like to discuss employment opportunities with us: 828-697-6313.
Thanks, and I look forward to working with you!