READY FOR A TRULY MEANINGFUL SUMMER JOB? Join us in providing a fantastic camp experience for young people with autism and ADHD. Talisman Programs has been in operation since 1980; our ownership team has been involved with camps for decades. Many of our staff return year after year because there is no experience quite like Talisman – the relationships formed, the activities tried, and the lasting impact you make on some very special children!
To provide a structured, nurturing environment within an exciting adventure program, in which our campers can have a successful summer. Our goals are to help them increase social skills, a sense of personal responsibility and a more positive self-image.
What We Offer You
• A competitive salary
• Ten weeks’ employment, including paid training
• Weekly time off
• FREE certifications (CPRPRO, Wilderness First Aid, Lifeguarding)
• Intensive hands-on training
• Opportunities to earn college credit
• Career networking with other regional programs
Responsibilities of Staff
• Supervision of campers 24/7
• Role-modeling and teaching personal skills
• Facilitation of group discussions and problem-solving sessions
• Lead and participate in activities and chores
• Clean legal and driving record; no illegal substance use
• Commitment to providing our campers with an exceptional experience
We provide five days of unpaid training in which staff earn valuable certifications that they can take with them in future jobs. We provide 10 (paid) days of intensive soft and hard skills training, including camping, bus driving, understanding of our campers’ diagnoses and needs, behavior and crisis management, group facilitation and more.
We are now hiring enthusiastic, compassionate, committed staff for the upcoming summer. Please fill out an online application, and we will contact you for a phone interview. Or call us if you would like to discuss employment opportunities with us: 828-697-6313.